Honey cake is spongy, juicy cake with jam and coconut topping. I remember my school days whenever I see honey cakes. I use to walking along with my mother to nearby ground and while returning home we eat honey cake in Ayyangar bakery. I wanted to try that honey cake at home and was able to match the taste. I am so happy to get such a perfect honey cake without eggs and butter. The moment I finished the cake, it was awesome and drooling. Do try it yourself and enjoy.
I have taken video and this is my first video recipe that will make my blog more colorful. Click to see the complete video here:
- Wheat flour – 1 and 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Condensed milk – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Orange juice – 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Brown sugar – 3 tblspn
- Orange zest – 1 tsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Honey – 1/4 cup
- Mixed fruits jam – 3 tblspn
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Desiccated coconut – as required
1. Preheat oven to 180° C. Take wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
2. In another bowl take condensed milk and add the remaining items listed under wet ingredients. Mix well.
3. Now add the flour into the wet ingredients and mix gently without lumps.
4. Pour into the 8 inch pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until done.
5. Meanwhile prepare honey syrup by boiling water and sugar until it becomes sticky.
6. Once it becomes warm, add honey and mix well. This is honey syrup.
7. Now for the topping, melt jam in a pan adding sugar. Mix it in low flame for a minute.
8. Once the cake is done, let it completely cool. Poke holes in the cake randomly and pour honey syrup.
9. Spread melted jam evenly on the top and sprinkle desiccated coconut.
10. The yummy honey cake is ready to be served.