Ada pradhaman is a traditional and famous kerala payasam prepared during onam. Onam is incomplete without a bowl of pradhaman. I have already shared recipe of palada pradhaman, prepared in pressure cooker with milk, rice ada and sugar. This ada pradhaman is prepared with coconut milk and jaggery. I had it once in school when our neighbour malayali aunty gave us during onam. I just loved the taste and do it often at home as my husband loves it. Finally I took a video recipe of ada pradhaman and posting it now. Let’s see how to make this divine ada pradhaman.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of ada pradhaman below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Rice ada – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Cardamom – 2
- Coconut pieces – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
1. Take rice ada in a bowl and add water to it. Let it be soaked for 15 minutes.
2. Take jaggery in a wide pan and add water to it. Stir until the jaggery dissolves and filter to remove impurities.
3. Keep the jaggery syrup in medium flame and add crushed cardamom and soaked ada to it.
4. Stir and cook for 10-15 minutes until the ada becomes soft and gets cooked.
5. Once it becomes thick, add coconut milk and mix. Remove from flame.
6. Melt ghee in a pan and fry coconut pieces until it turns golden.
7. Add it to the payasam and mix well.
8. The kerala ada pradhaman is ready.