Badam murukku recipe with step-wise pictures. Badam murukku is a easy diwali recipe that I wanted to try. If you see my diwali recipes list, it will be full of sweet recipes and I haven’t tried any savory recipe. I am a sweet toothed person and rarely eat savory snacks. So tried this murukku for the first time and it came out so well. It is soft and crispy like the murukku bought in stores. The almond taste and flavor in murukku is really good.
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Badam – 15
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Hot water – as required for kneading dough
- Oil – for deep frying
1. Soak badam in hot water for 10 minutes and peel the skin. Add it to mixer and grind into paste adding little water.
2. Take rice flour in a mixing bowl, then add salt, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and badam paste to it and mix.
3. Melt ghee and pour into rice flour mixture and knead into smooth dough adding little hot water.
4. Keep the dough covered until use. Heat oil for deep frying.
5. Take a portion of dough, put inside the murukku press and squeeze into oil to get small strips. You can also make into circles.
6. Fry in medium to low flame. Once the sound of oil subsides, remove the murukku from oil and drain excess oil in kitchen tissues.
7. Repeat for remaining dough. The crispy badam murukku is ready.