Apple appam is a delicious dumplings prepared with a twist to the traditional appam. The sweet appam is prepared with wheat flour, red rice flour and coconut as the main ingredients. Apples added makes the appam healthy, tasty and nutritious. This appam can be deep fried or cooked in appe pan. You can also make this as pancakes in tawa.
You may also like similar recipes here:
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. of serving : 6
- Apple – 1
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Red rice flour – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar / jaggery – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Coconut – 3 tbsp
- Salt – pinch
- Ghee – as required for frying
1. Take wheat flour, rice flour, baking powder, cardamom powder, coconut, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix everything with a spoon. Add required water and mix without lumps into smooth batter.
3. Wash and peel the skin of apple. Grate it and add it to the batter. Stir well.
4. Heat appe pan adding ghee. Once hot, pour the ladle full of batter into each holes. Cook covered in medium flame for few minutes.
5. Flip to the other side and cook until it turns golden on all sides.
6. Remove from pan and drain excess ghee in kitchen tissues.
7. The healthy apple appam is ready.