Warm crispy cinnamon sugar rolls are perfect weekend treat to enjoy with family. Apple and cinnamon is great combo made in heaven, whenever used together it takes the taste to next level. The stuffing is prepared with these two and rolled inside the wheat bread and toasted. This is kids friendly, healthy evening snack to pack in snack box. My daughter Shravs likes this so much and make it often in evening as they are quick and easy. I have used brown bread to make it healthier.
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 10
- Wheat bread – 10 slices
- Apple – 2
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1 tsp + 2 tbsp
1. Let’s start with filling. Wash, remove skin and seeds of apple. Chop into small pieces.
2. Melt a tsp of butter in a pan. Add apple slices along with sugar and cinnamon powder.
3. Mix well and cook in low flame for 2-3 minutes until the apple turns soft. Keep sauteing by mashing the apple pieces with ladle.
4. Once it is combined well together, remove from flame and keep aside. This is filling.
5. Now take bread slice and cut the crusts on all sides. Roll the bread flat with a rolling pin.
6. Place a tbsp of filling at center of bread and roll up from one side to another. Repeat for remaining bread slices.
7. Heat a non stick pan, melt a tsp of butter and place the rolls. Apply butter on top and toast it until it turns little brown and crisp on all sides.
8. The delicious apple french toast roll ups ready.
Serve hot as such or with an ice cream or caramel sauce.