Aval mixture is an easy, crispy, crunchy snack to munch with a cup of tea or coffee in evening. The only time required is for frying the ingredients. If you want to try a healthy less oil chivda, then fry it with 1 tbsp of oil rather than deep frying. You can make this mixture with any variety of poha. I have made with thin variety. This is best snack to give for kids in snack box.
I have uploaded the video recipe of aval mixture below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Poha – 2 cups
- Peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Roasted gram – 1/4 cup
- Cashews – 15
- Raisins – 20
- Sesame – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Powdered Sugar – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – for frying
1. Heat oil in a pan. Once it is hot, add poha and fry in medium flame until it becomes crispy. Drain from oil and add it to kitchen tissues.
2. Now add roasted gram to oil and fry until it slightly turns color. Remove from oil and add it to the fried poha.
3. Add peanuts to oil and fry for a minute. Drain from oil. Fry Cashews and raisins until golden. Drain and keep aside.
4. Now add sesame seeds to strainer and keep in hot oil. Remove from oil once it splutters.
5. Switch off the flame. Add curry leaves to the hot oil and remove once it turns crispy.
6. Mix everything together and drain the excess oil with tissues. Add it to a mixing bowl.
7. Now add powdered sugar, turmeric powder, chilli powder and required salt. Mix everything with a spoon and toss it.
8. Once it cools, store in airtight container.
9. The poha chivda evening snack is ready.
10. It stays good for 2-3 weeks if stored in airtight container.