Avarakkai poriyal is a simple side dish for rice and sambar. It is very easy to make within minutes. It is also healthy and rich in proteins and dietary fibers. You can add grated coconut or grounded peanuts to it.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Suraikkai poriyal
- Murungai keerai poriyal
- Drumstick masala poriyal
- Potato poriyal
- Siru keerai poriyal
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Avarakkai – 250 gms
- Onion – 1
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Sambar powder – 1 tsp
- Grated coconut – 3 tbsp
- Red chilli – 4
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 1 tsp
1. Wash and chop Avarakkai into small pieces. Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
2. Once it splutters, add red chilli and chopped onion. Saute until translucent.
3. Add the avarakkai to it. Add turmeric powder, sambar powder and salt along with required water.
4. Mix and cook covered until avarakkai gets well cooked and all the water evaporates.
5. Add grated coconut to it and mix well. The quick avarakkai poriyal is ready.