Baby corn fry recipe with step-wise pictures. Baby corn fry is a simple yet toothsome evening snack that can be enjoyed with a mayonnaise or ketchup. The baby corn bajji is a perfect snack with a cup of tea or coffee. Check out other corn recipes here: Baby corn manchurian, Baby corn fingers, Baby corn kurma, Tawa sweet corn sandwich, Sweet corn cake.
- Baby corn – 10
- Besan flour – 2 tbsp
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – for shallow frying
1. Wash and cook baby corn with enough water or steam it for 10-15 minutes until it becomes soft.
2. In a mixing bowl, take besan, rice flour, corn flour, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, garam masala powder and curd.
3. Mix everything into thick paste and add cooked baby corns to it and marinate well. The paste has to coat corns well and leave it for 15 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a pan for frying, add marinated baby corn slowly and fry in medium flame until it becomes golden brown. You can also saute it on skillet.
5. Remove from oil and drain excess oil in tissues.
6. Serve hot with a mayonnaise or ketchup.
I always love to eat sweet corn bajji with mayonnaise.