Badam kheer recipe with step-wise pictures. Badam kheer is a simple yet extremely delicious recipe. This can be given as morning or evening drink. It is rich and creamy with lots of nuts. This drink when given frequently helps for weight gain in kids.
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Milk – 3 cups
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Cardamom – 2
- Almonds – 20 + 4 for garnishing
- Yellow food color / turmeric powder – pinch for color
- Rose water – 1 tsp
1. Soak almonds in hot water for 10 minutes. Peel the skin and add it to a blender.
2. Add a tsp of milk and blend into smooth or coarse paste as per your preference.
3. Boil milk in a pan, once it comes to boil add crushed cardamom and sugar.
4. Stir well and keep boiling in low flame until it reduces a little.
5. Add the almond paste to the boiling milk. Mix and boil for 2-3 minutes stirring, often. Take care not to get burnt.
6. Add turmeric powder or food color to the milk. Mix and remove from flame.
7. Let it cool, pour rose water to the kheer and mix.
8. Pour into serving glass and garnish with chopped almonds.
- You can also add saffron soaked in warm milk to the kheer for added flavor.
- It can be served warm or chilled, but tastes better when had chilled.