Milk sharbat / paal sharbat recipe with step-wise pictures. Paal Sharbat / Badam pisin sharbat is a refreshing, healthy and delicious drink that is perfect for summer. Badam pisin is a edible gum that is extracted from badam tree, like a small stone, it doubles in quantity and becomes like a gel when soaked. It is a natural coolant to body and also treats skin issues in summers. It is available in departmental stores and in small ayurvedic shops.
Badam pisin is used as thickening agent in many desserts, Indian sweets like kheer. But the prominent recipe prepared with badam pisin is Madurai jigarthanda. For preparing sharbat any flavors like rose, badam, nannari syrup can be added. I have prepared in pista flavor. Do try it and give your feedback.
Soaking time : 8 hours
Preparation time : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Badam pisin – 6 pieces
- Pista essence – 2 tsp
1. Take badam pisin a bowl, add adequate water and soak it overnight or until it becomes like a clear gel.
2. Next day, add boiled and cooled milk, sugar and pista essence to the badam pisin gel and mix well.
3. Refrigerate for an hour and pour into serving glass.
4. Serve chilled and enjoy this refreshing drink.
- If you have get more badam pisin gel then it can be refrigerated adding water and used within two days.
- You can also add chopped badam and pistachios to the drink.
- Badam pisin helps in weight gain when had frequently.