Baileys coffee cake recipe with step-wise pictures. Baileys coffee cake is a rich, fudge and spongy cake with the combination of coffee and Irish cream. If you love coffee and chocolate flavors then this baileys coffee cake is your recipe to try as soon as possible. Baileys is an Irish creamy liquor that gives a richness to the cake when added. This is drool worth cake and a perfect for a birthday party. Oh I have to mention, this is the birthday cake I prepared for myself as today is my birthday.
When my husband bought me this Irish cream, I was surprised to taste it and couldn’t believe it’s a liquor. I wanted to try a desserts using this and came out with this delicious coffee cake. Do try this and give your feedback.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1 tblspn
- Brown sugar – 1 cup
- Instant coffee powder – 1 tblspn
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Baileys cream – 1 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar – 1/3 cup
- Milk – 4 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 180° C and grease the baking pan with oil or butter and dust some flour.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder together in a bowl. Then add instant coffee powder to it and mix well.
3. In another bowl, take sugar, oil, baileys and vinegar. Whisk well until everything is combined and sugar gets dissolved.
4. Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix together. Add milk and fold gently to get a smooth batter.
5. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until done. Mine got done in 37 minutes.
6. Meanwhile prepare the glaze. Take powdered sugar in a small bowl. Add milk and vanilla essence.
7. Whisk well to get the glaze in thick pouring consistency. Add 1/4 tsp of milk if the glaze is thick.
8. After the cake cools completely, invert into plate and pour the glaze in zigzag pattern using spoon.
9. Let it stay for sometime unless the glaze is set. Slice and serve.
10. Enjoy this Irish cream cake.
- If you want to prepare liquor free cake then add coffee decoction instead of Baileys. But you wont either smell or taste the liquor aroma in cake. Pouring glaze is optional and the cake can be had as such as strong coffee cake.