Vegetable puffs…. Wow….. I made it at home… Too excited… Puffs is my favourite bakery item and would eat it again and again. I tried this at home with store bought frozen pastry sheets. It came out to be light, crispy, melt in mouth and absolutely delicious. The stuffing with veggies and the light puffs makes a perfect evening snacks for kids at home. My husband loved eating this bakery style puffs and we finished it all at once. The frozen pastry sheets in a pack is enough for making 7-8 puffs. Thaw the sheets as given in the instruction and it has to be in room temperature. Any vegetable can be used for making the stuffing. I have added carrot, beans, potato and fresh green peas. Those cute little puffs in the picture above is for Shravanthi and she liked it a lot. Look how light the layers are!!
The video recipe of vegetable puffs is below. Click the window to watch and kindly subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
- Pastry sheet – 1
- Mixed veggies – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp + 2 tsp for brushing
- Mustard seeds – 1/3 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
1. Thaw the pastry sheets and preheat oven to 220° C. Line the baking tray with aluminium foil and grease with oil.
2. Wash, cut the veggies into small pieces and pressure cook for 3 whistles adding little water.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. After they splutter add chopped onions and saute.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell vanishes. Add the cooked veggies to it along with fresh peas.
5. Then add turmeric, chilli and garam masala powders along with required salt. Mix well and cook in low flame for few minutes until everything combines well.
6. Let it cool, then take 2 tsp of filling and place at the centre of pastry sheet. Close the edges and make impressions using fork at the edges. Brush the top with oil.
7. Repeat for remaining sheets. Arrange the prepared pastry sheets on the baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top becomes brown.
8. Once baked, brush that top with oil if required. Let it cool a bit and serve warm with ketchup.