Banana custard recipe with step-wise pictures. Banana custard is a simple pudding that is prepared in less than 5 minutes. We have to experiment and prepare different recipes to make kids eat fruits and this is one such successful experiment. Shravanthi doesn’t eat banana nowadays, when I give her as such so prepared this pudding and she liked it so much. This can be given to babies above one year in evening.
Total time required : 5 minutes
NO. Of serving : 2
- Banana – 2
- Milk – 2 cups
- Coconut sugar – 2 tsp
- Custard powder – 2 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
1. Peel and cut banana into slices. Put into mixer along with sugar and blend into thick puree.
2. Boil milk. Take a tbsp of warm milk in a bowl and dissolve custard powder without lumps.
3. Once milk comes to boil, reduce the flame and pour the custard mixture into it by whisking continuously.
4. Add the banana puree into milk and cook for a minute.
5. Once it becomes little thick, remove from flame and transfer into serving bowl.
6. Garnish with some banana slices and nuts.
7. Serve warm or chilled.
- The pudding will become thick once cools, so switch off accordingly.
- Any fruits can be added along with banana.
- White sugar or palm sugar can also be added if you don’t have coconut sugar.
- You can make the same with coconut milk or almond milk for vegan version.