Banana halwa recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Banana halwa is a tasty dessert prepared with minimal ingredients. This is also a best way to make use of ripen banana. Banana halwa tastes great, looks glossy and melts in mouth. This is my first try in making halwa with banana and I am super excited with the output. The halwa is absolutely delicious and soft that makes it one of my favorite banana dish now. Use completely ripen banana for good taste and texture. You can give this halwa to babies and kids in evening as snacks too.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of banana halwa below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 35 minutes
No.of serving : 2
- Bananas – 2 large size
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Cashews – 10
1. Peel the banana, slice them into pieces and add it to bowl. Mash it well with fork or grind into paste in mixer without adding water.
2. Heat a pan adding 2 tbsp of ghee. Add Cashews and roast until golden, remove from ghee and keep aside.
3. Add the mashed banana to the same pan with ghee and keep stirring in medium flame.
4. Once it starts thickening, add sugar and Cardamom powder. Stir well and now it will loosen as sugar melts.
5. Add the remaining ghee and keep stirring. The halwa will absorb the ghee and turns glossy.
6. Cook in low flame until it starts coming together leaves the absorbed ghee. The halwa will become darker in color.
7. Add the fried Cashews, mix well for 2-3 minutes and remove from flame.
8. The delicious banana halwa is ready.
Serve it as such in a bowl or transfer into greased tray and level the surface. Cut into squares once cooled, garnish with Cashews and enjoy.