Banana rasayana recipe with step-wise pictures. Banana rasayana is an authentic dessert recipes from udupi cuisine. It is very simple dessert prepared with very few ingredients. It takes maximum of 10 minutes to prepare this yummy dessert. This is also had as side dish for neer dosa, poori or chapathi. But I always love to eat it as such as dessert.
This is also a perfect thirst quencher during summer. The coconut milk gives a rich taste when combined with banana. So if you have a ripen bananas lying at home, then this is a best and quick recipe to enjoy.
This is also a healthy food for babies. You can give it to babies from 9 months of age as evening snack. Shravanthi loves banana very much and this rasayana got over in a minute.
Total time required : 10 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Banana – 4 medium size
- Jaggery grated – 3 tbsp
- Coconut grated – 1/4 cup
- Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
1. Peel and chop the banana into thick circles. Take it in a bowl.
2. Add the grated jaggery, cardamom powder to it.
3. Mix and pour the coconut milk along with grated coconut. I have added desiccated coconut.
4. Mix well with a spoon. The banana rasayana is ready.
5. Serve it immediately and enjoy.