Beetroot halwa is a delicious dessert that is prepared easily using sweet beetroot. It is simple to make and can be prepared for any festival. It is rich,creamy and you can’t feel the taste of beetroot in this halwa. This can be prepared adding jaggery or palm sugar in healthier version. You can also skip in this recipe if you want but adding milk gives richness to the halwa.
My baby girl Shravs was very much excited for posing to the pictures. She was holding that bowl and asking “chaapa, chaapa” which means food in her language. She liked this halwa so much, and asked for more when I stopped with two spoons.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Carrot halwa
- Sapota / chikoo halwa
- Atta / Godhumai halwa
- Bread halwa
- Ash gourd / Kasi halwa with jaggery
I have uploaded the video below for this recipe. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Beetroot – 2 medium size
- Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Cardamom – 3
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cashews – 6
1. Wash, peel the skin and grate the beetroot. Keep aside.
2. Boil water in a pan, add grated beetroot and cook covered until the water evaporates.
3. Once the beetroot is 80% cooked, add milk to it and mix. Cook covered until the milk becomes thick and combines with beetroot. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
4. Add crushed cardamom and sugar. Stir and cook until the sugar melts. The halwa will lossen again and become thick.
5. Once it comes together in halwa consistency, fry Cashews in ghee and add to halwa.
6. Mix and remove from flame. The halwa is ready.
7. Garnish with nuts and serve it warm.
Enjoy this yummy beetroot halwa !!!