Besan ladoo is a simple, delicious sweet that can be prepared for any festival. I thought of making a seven cup burfi which is prepared with 7 cups of ingredients, that is one cup of gram flour, milk, coconut, ghee and 3 cups of sugar which totals to 7 cups. I wanted to reduce the amount of sugar and make it mildly sweet. The sugar is the ingredient that makes the burfi hold firm shape so as I tried with one cup that resulted in soft and chewy texture. If you want the exact firm burfi then do not reduce the quantities and proceed as such.
I have turned the seven cups into a ladoos rolling it and named it seven cup ladoos. It is extremely delicious and I am sure makes a perfect recipe for this holi. I am super happy that there is no compromise on taste and it is absolutely delicious and just melts in mouth ???
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 15 ladoos
- Besan flour – 2 cups
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Coconut grated – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Chopped pistachios – 1/4 cup (optional)
1. Sieve the besan flour and heat a pan adding 2 tsp of ghee. If making burfis then grease the plate with little ghee and keep aside.
2. Add the besan flour to the ghee and roast it well in low flame until the raw smell goes.
3. Now add the grated coconut to the flour and roast it for a minute.
4. Add sugar and mix well until the sugar melts. The mixture will become sticky as sugar melts.
5. Pour the milk slowly and stir the mixture without forming lumps. You can also mix it removing from stove.
6. As it starts to thicken, add the ghee and stir continuously. The ghee has to incorporate well and ooze out again leaving on sides.
7. Once everything comes together and becomes non sticky, remove from flame.
8. Add chopped nuts on top and let it cool a bit. Once it is warm enough to touch, roll into ladoos.
9. You can also put the mixture into greased plate and cut into desired shapes.
10. Arrange it on plate and garnish wit chopped nuts.
11. The delicious seven cup sweet or besan coconut ladoo is ready and enjoy it for any festival.
It stays good for a week if the besan is roasted well.