Ladoo is a popular Indian sweet and many varieties of ladoo are made for festivals. If you see those tasty ladoo recipes, ghee is the important ingredients as it helps to hold shape. How about a delicious ladoo without ghee?? What… Surprised??… Yes you can enjoy your favorite ladoo without guilty now… This besan ladoo is prepared adding olive oil and surprised again…. You can very well try it without hesitation and it is absolutely delicious and no compromise on taste. It is light and melts in mouth.
You know I am posting low calorie recipes for the past few weeks and was looking for a guilt free sweets. I came across this besan ladoo recipe in subha’s dairy free treats blog and wanted to try it immediately. The olive oil added makes this quite interesting and I just loved it.
You can also check similar recipes below:
- Rava ladoo with condensed milk
- Walnut ladoo
- Red aval and Flax seeds ladoo
- Sathu maavu ladoo
- Peanut ladoo
- Atta ladoo
- Sesame ladoo
Total time required : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 12 ladoos
- Besan flour – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Olive oil – 1/3 cup
- Cardamom – 2
1. Take sugar and cardamom in a mixer and powder it together. Sieve gram flour and keep aside.
2. Heat a pan with olive oil, add gram flour to it. Roast it well in low flame until the raw smell vanishes and gives nice aroma of roasted flour. It may take 15-20 minutes.
3. Then add the powdered sugar to it and mix well for 2 minutes in low flame. Take care not to burn it.
4. The sugar has to melt and combine with roasted besan. Remove from flame and let it cool a bit.
5. When it is hot enough to touch, take small portion of the mixture and make ladoo of desired shape.
6. Repeat of remaining flour and garnish with nuts if needed.
7. Enjoy this healthy besan ladoo for any occassions.
- Add little extra olive oil if required.
- The ladoo holds shape when it is hot. So do not cool the mixture completely.
It remains good for a week at room temperature if the flour is roasted well.