Bottle gourd can be given to babies from 7 months of age and provides various health benefits such as supply of essential vitamins and minerals, cure for acidity and urinary disorders.
- Peel the skin and cut the vegetable lengthwise
- Remove the seeds at the center and cut into small chunks.
- Place the chunks into steamer and steam till it becomes soft.
- Mash it in hand masher or blend in a blender adding cumin seeds.
- Consistency can be adjusted by adding mother milk or formula milk.
- Always check for allergy reaction and follow three days rule before introducing new food.
- Introduce one new food at a time.
- Sterilize the bowl and spoon before feeding baby.