Bread dry gulab jamun recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Bread dry gulab jamun is a delicious festival sweet prepared with wheat bread. It is very simple, fail proof and easy to make sweet. The bread balls are fried, soaked in flavored sugar syrup and rolled in sugar. You can also roll and coat coconut instead of sugar. I have used Turmeric milk that my daughter left, for making this balls. Make this delicious dry jamun for this diwali and enjoy at home.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Bread gulab jamun
- Bread rasmalai
- Sweet potato gulab jamun
- Milk powder gulab jamun
- gulab jamun trifle
- eggless gulab jamun cake
I have uploaded the video recipe of bread dry gulab jamun below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Soaking time : 60 minutes
No. Of serving : 12 jamuns
- Bread slices – 5
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Milk powder – 2 tbsp
- Wheat flour – 1 tbsp
- Baking powder – pinch
- Sugar – 2 tbsp for rolling jamuns
- Oil – for frying
FOR SUGAR SYRUP:
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Rose water – 1 tsp
1. Let’s prepare sugar syrup first. Boil sugar and water together in a pan. Stir until sugar dissolves and boil until it becomes little sticky.
2. Switch off the flame, add rose water and mix well. Keep aside hot.
3. Now for making jamuns, trim the edges of bread. Dip all the slices one by one in milk and squeeze the excess milk well.
4. Take all the squeezed bread slices in a mixing bowl, add milk powder, baking powder and wheat flour to it.
5. Mix everything and knead into smooth sticky dough. Make small balls out of dough without cracks and without applying pressure.
6. Heat oil for frying and check temperature dropping small piece. It has to slowly rise to top without changing color.
7. Drop the balls and fry in low to medium flame turning all sides until it turns golden brown.
8. Remove the fried balls from oil and add to hot sugar syrup immediately. Keep soaked for 2 hours or until the jamuns absorb the syrup.
9. Take 2 tbsp of sugar in mixer and pulse it once to powder slightly. After the jamuns are soaked, remove from syrup and roll into powdered sugar so that it gets well coated.
10. The delicious bread dry gulab jamun is ready.
Serve it warm or chilled and enjoy.