Bread medu vada recipe with step-wise pictures. Bread medu vada / instant sweet vada is a tasty and popular south Indian snacks recipe. It is crispy outside and soft inside. This medu vadai is prepared with bread slices, wheat flour and sugar as main ingredients and fried in oil. It is perfect evening snack with a cup of tea or can also be prepared as festival sweet. This sweet bread vada is my special karthigai deepam recipe.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- ulunthu vadai
- murungai keerai masal vadai
- potato bonda
- banana sweet bonda
- pazham pori
- vettu cake / fried tea cake
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 10 vadais
- Bread slices – 5
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Wheat flour – 1/4 cup
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom – 2
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Oil – for deep frying
1. Take bread slices, tear into small pieces and take it in mixing bowl. You can remove the brown sides if needed.
2. Add wheat flour, rice flour, sugar, crushed cardamom to it and mix well.
3. Pour milk little by little and keep mixing to form a soft dough combining together. If the dough is sticky add little more flour to it.
4. Heat oil for frying, wet hands with little water and take a small amount of dough. Flatten it between hands and make a hole at center.
5. Drop the vadai gently one by one into oil and fry in medium flame until golden on all sides.
6. Remove from oil and drain excess oil in Kitchen tissues. Repeat for remaining dough.
7. The tasty sweet bread medu vadai is ready. Serve with cup of tea and enjoy.