Bread rasmalai recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Rasmalai is a delicious milk based Indian dessert. I love rasagulla and rasmalai very much and would eat it even at midnight. In Midnight??? Yes… I love to enjoy eating sweets at midnight when I crave for something. Many has the same taste I guess but my husband use to say that I’m the only girl who eats sweets at night.
OK coming back to our recipe, it is instant version of rasmalai. We are adding bread slices to the rabri instead of rasagullas. This is a saver recipe when you have sudden guests or don’t have much time to prepare dessert for any occasions.
The rabri has to be prepared and refrigerated. The bread slices can be added to serving bowl along with prepared rabri before two minutes of serving. As the bread will absorb very soon and become soggy.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of instant bread rasmalai below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Bread slices – 6
- Milk – 2 and 1/2 cups
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Cardamom – 2
- Bay leaf – 1
- Chopped nuts – 3 tbsp
1. Add water and milk to a pan and boil it. Once it comes to boil, reduce the flame and continue boiling.
2. Stir occasionally to prevent burning at bottom. Once it reduces to half quantity, add sugar, bay leaf and crushed cardamom.
3. Mix and boil until it thickens. Add chopped nuts, stir well and remove from flame.
4. Allow it to cool completely and refrigerate. Meanwhile take the bread slices, place a round lid and press gently to cut the bread into circles.
5. Before serving, pour the rabri into serving bowl and drop few round bread slices.
6. Garnish with nuts and serve.
7. The delicious bread rasmalai is ready. Always best tastes when had chilled.