Bread upma is a quick and tasty breakfast recipe. It can be prepared in less than 15 minutes. This recipe is a good option to use the leftover 2-3 days bread. This can also be served as evening snack for kids. You can use wheat or multigrain homemade bread for a healthier version. I have added small onions for added taste and you can also use one large onion.
You can also check other bread recipes here:
- Garlic Bread Toast
- Apple Cinnamon French Roll Ups
- Bread Omelette
- Wheat Bread Gulab Jamun
- Bread Butter Custard Pudding
- Wheat Bread Carrot Dates Pancake
- Banana French Toast
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Bread slices – 7
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Garlic pods – 6
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Oil – 1 tsp
1. Fine chop onion and tomato. Cut bread slices into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and once it splutters add onion.
3. Saute until onion turns translucent. Add crushed garlic and saute until it changes color.
4. Add chopped tomato and cook until soft. Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder and required salt along with little water.
5. Cook until everything combines and become thick. Add the bread slices and toss for a minute.
6. The masala has to coat the bread slices well. Remove from flame and squeeze the lemon juice.
7. Mix and garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Bread upma is ready. Serve hot with a cup of tea or coffee.