Brinjal bajji is a tasty tea time evening snack usually served as appetizer. It is simple to make and tastes great. I love brinjal very much in any form and you have to try it if you like brinjal. It is crispy, soft and mildly spiced.
You can serve this bajji with coconut chutney, mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
You may also like similar fried recipes here:
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 5
- Brinjal – 6 medium size
- Gram flour / kalada maavu – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cooking soda – pinch
- Salt – as required
- Oil – for frying
1. Sieve gram flour and rice flour in a mixing bowl.
2. Add cooking soda, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder and required salt to it.
3. Add required water and mix into thick batter without lumps. The batter has to little thick than dosa batter consistency.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Meanwhile wash and cut the brinjal into circles. The slices shouldn’t to be too thin or too thick.
5. Dip the slices into the batter such that it coats on all sides.
6. Drop into oil and deep fry until it turns golden brown on both sides.
7. Remove from oil and drain excess oil in kitchen tissues.
8. The brinjal bajji is ready and serve it hot with a chutney or ketchup.