Buttermilk pancakes recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Buttermilk pancakes is a best breakfast recipe. This can also be enjoyed a evening snack with chocolate syrup, honey or caramel syrup. Buttermilk pancakes are too soft, light, fluffy and mildly sweet. Pancake is our favorite recipe at home and I make it often as snacks.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Apple oats pancakes
- Avocado chocolate pancakes
- Banana chocolate pancakes
- Mango pancakes
- Wheat bread carrot dates pancakes
- Banana ragi pancakes
I have uploaded the video recipe of buttermilk pancakes below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 7 pancakes
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Egg – 1
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Buttermilk – 1 and 1/4 cups
- Vanilla / banana essence – 1 tsp
- Oil – as required for frying
1. Take a mixing bowl, break and add egg to it. Beat with a fork until fluffy.
2. Add oil and buttermilk to the egg mixture and whisk well into combined.
3. Now sift together flour, baking powder and salt to the wet mixture.
4. Add sugar, essence and stir without lumps until everything is incorporated well. The batter has to be smooth and thick.
5. Heat a griddle, drizzle some oil and pour a ladle full of batter into it. Spread out the batter a little and do not overspread.
6. Cook covered for a minute in medium flame until it forms lots of bubbles on top. Gently flip the pancake to the other side and cook until golden.
7. Repeat for remaining batter. The tasty buttermilk pancakes is ready.
8. Stack the pancakes in plate. Pour honey or hot syrup on top and serve.
9. Enjoy this yummy pancake for breakfast or as evening snacks.