Cabbage egg thoran is a kerala style poriyal prepared by adding eggs to the cabbage stir fry. This is healthy, simple and tastes great with rice. This also goes well for chapathi or dosa. I prepared this thoran for dinner along with rice.
- Cabbage – 1 medium size
- Onion – 1
- Eggs – 3
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green chilli – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Grated coconut – 5 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
1. Wash, chop and pressure cook cabbage for 2 whistles for cooking quickly. You can also cook directly in pan adding water.
2. Heat oil and add mustard seeds. Once it splutters add slitted green chilli and chopped onion.
3. Saute well until it turns translucent. Then add the cooked cabbage and stir.
4. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and Coriander powder along with the salt and little water.
5. Cook in medium flame for a minute until raw smell vanishes and water evaporates. Add coconut and stir.
6. Now break the eggs and add it to the cabbage. Mix and cook for a minute until combined.
7. Remove from flame and garnish with coriander leaves.