Muskmelon rice pudding is a refreshing and delicious dessert that can be served after any meal. This is thick creamy kheer that gives a twist with the unique taste and flavor of melon. This is different way to enjoy muskmelon other than the normal juice and definitely kids friendly recipe. I saw this recipe in manjula’s kitchen and wanted to try it immediately. I have used cooked rice to this recipe so this is again the best way to utilize left over rice.
- Muskmelon – 1/2 fruit
- Milk – 2 cups
- Cooked rice – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 2
- Chopped nuts – 3 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
1. Remove seeds and scoop the flesh portion of muskmelon. Add it to blender and blend into thick puree.
2. Boil milk in a saucepan in medium flame. Once it reduces to half and becomes little thick, add cooked rice to it.
3. Mix well and add sugar and cardamom powder. Let it cook for a minute and keep stirring.
4. Add muskmelon puree, stir well and cook until it reaches pudding consistency.
5. Remove from flame and blend it once to get smooth pudding. This step is optional.
6. Roast chopped nuts in ghee and add it to the pudding and mix.
7. Pour into serving glass and serve chilled.
- Serve refrigerated as it tastes good when chilled.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to the sweetness of muskmelon.
- The rice can be cooked in milk directly for richness.