Capsicum halwa recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Capsicum halwa is a typical, delicious halwa prepared with capsicum. What halwa with a mirchi?? Yes…. Don’t hesitate to try it. The halwa is absolutely delicious with its unique taste and flavor. I came across this recipe when I was searching for recipe using capsicum.
I am amused to try and taste it myself for the first time. You definitely got to taste this yummy capsicum halwa. When I gave it to my husband who don’t like bell peppers, he couldn’t even guess that it is made with capsicum and told me it is like Paal halwa (milk halwa). However my mission of making him eat capsicum accomplished. Also, today is shravanthi’s 2nd birthday so a special recipe for a special day.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of capsicum halwa below. Subscribe to my youTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 45 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
Recipe courtesy : recipedabba
- Capsicum – 3
- Milk – 2 cups
- Palm sugar – 4 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 3 tsp
- Cashews – 6
- Raisins – 8
1. Wash and de-seed capsicum. Grate it and wash 3-4 times with water.
2. Squeeze the water each time you wash to get rid of pungency of capsicum. Keep aside.
3. Heat a pan, add ghee. Add cashews and raisins and fry until golden. Remove from ghee and keep aside.
4. Now add the grated capsicum to the ghee in pan. Saute well for few minutes until it get shrinked.
5. Add milk and allow it to cook in medium flame until all the milk evaporates.
6. Once it becomes thick, add sugar and Cardamom powder. Mix and cook in low flame.
7. Add a tsp of ghee and cook until ghee gets incorporated and everything comes together leaving the pan.
8. Switch off flame and add fried Cashews and raisins.
9. Mix and serve hot. You can add any nuts of your choice.