Caramel apple trifle recipe with step-wise pictures. Caramel apple trifle is a delicious and easy dessert recipe that can be prepared for any occasions or party. It is prepared layering in custard and caramel apples in tall glass. I have added some layers of motichoor ladoo as I had some ladoos at home. You can also layer with crushed biscuits or sponge cakes.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Custard tiramisu
- Bread custard pudding
- Custard creme caramel
- Apple cinnamon french roll ups
- Custard french toast
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 4
- Apples – 2
- Milk – 1/2 litre
- Custard powder – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Sponge cake slices – 8
- Butter – 1 tsp
1. Boil milk and once it comes to boil, reduce the flame. Mix custard powder without lumps adding little milk and add it to boiling milk stirring continuously.
2. Add 3 tbsp of sugar and keep whisking without lumps until it thickens. Keep aside and allow it to cool. Refrigerate until layering.
3. Heat pan adding butter. Wash and cut apples into small pieces. Add it to pan along with 2 tbsp of sugar.
4. Simmer the flame and do not stir. Cook in low flame until the sugar caramelize and coats the apple making it soft. Allow it to cool.
5. For layering, take a tall glass and add cooled custard to the bottom. Then add a layer of sponge cake followed by a layer of caramel apples.
6. Then repeat again starting with layer of custard, sponge cake and caramel apples on top. Drizzle some caramel on top and refrigerate it. You can also add whipped cream.
7. The delicious caramel apple trifle is ready. Serve chilled and enjoy.