Yes!!! again I am back with this yummy delicious cooker cake. This cake is prepared without adding eggs. Also I have replaced all purpose flour with wheat to make it more healthier. This can be given to kids and toddlers and they will definitely love this. A perfect Christmas try….
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Jaggery – 2 cups
- Dry fruits powder – 1 cup
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – pinch
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Apple – 1
- Sugar – 2 tsp
1.Mix all the ingredients in the baking list together into a batter and leave it undisturbed for half an hour.
2.Cut the apple into 8 slices removing seeds. The slices has to thin enough.
3.Heat ghee in a pan and add apple slices to it and toss for a minute.
4.Keep the flame simmer. Add sugar to it and let cook until caramelized.
5.Grease the bowl with oil/ghee, sprinkle little Wheat flour and put the apples slices and remaining caramel into the bowl.
6.Arrange apples to cover the bottom of the bowl. Then put the batter over the apples, covering them completely.
7.Keep the cooker on stove and fill with salt for about an inch. Place the bowl at top of the salt.
8.Close the lid of cooker. Remove gasket and whistle. Cook it on high flame for 5 minutes.
9.Then simmer it and cook for half an hour and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
10.Slowly insert knife around the outer circle and try invert the cake to a plate.
11.When inverted, apples shine at the top and it is ready to be served.
- Remove gasket and whistle of the cooker.
- Instead of salt, sand or a separator like a steel cup can be placed in between the cooker and bowl.
- No need to add water inside cooker.
- The bowl used for baking can be aluminium or stainless steel. Do not use non-stick utensils.
- Dry fruits powder are added to make the cake rich and more healthier. Preparation of this powder can be referred here: DRY FRUITS POWDER