Carrot paniyaram recipe with step-wise pictures. Carrot Paniyaram is a well known south Indian recipe that can be had as breakfast, dinner or snack in evening. This is variation of paniyaram adding carrots that goes well with simple sambar or chutney. It is easy and quickly if you have idly batter at home. It is best way to use little idly remaining batter that can be made into tasty paniyaram.
Total time required : 30 minutes
No.of serving : 3-4
- Idly batter – 2 cups
- Onion – 1
- Carrots – 2
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Red chilli – 3
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 1 tsp + as required for frying
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and cumin seeds. Once they splutter add channa dal and urad dal to it.
2. Fry until it changes color, add red chilli and chopped onion. Saute well until becomes translucent.
3. Add grated carrots and saute. Add required salt and sprinkle little water.
4. Cook for few minutes until the carrots shrinks a little.
5. Add it to the idly batter in a bowl and mix well.
6. Heat appe pan, add oil and pour the batter into holes and cook covered.
7. Once it turns brown on sides, flip to the other side using a spoon and cook until it turns golden brown.
8. Remove from pan and repeat for remaining batter.
9. Serve hot with chutney or sambar.