Carrots may be introduced between 6 and 8 months of age.Carrots are often one of baby’s first food. They are easy to digest and are packed full of nutrients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Calcium.
- Peel carrots and cut into small chunks.
- Place chunks into a steamer pan with enough water and steam until tender.
- Place tender chunks into your choice of appliance for pureeing and begin pureeing.
- Add mother milk or formula feed as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin consistency.
- Always check for allergy reaction and follow three days rule before introducing new food.
- Introduce one new food at a time.
- Sterilize the bowl and spoon before feeding baby.