Carrot raita recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Carrot raita is a simple side dish prepared with minimal ingredients. This raita pairs well with biryani, pulao or roti. I love to eat this carrot raita as such as a salad. It is healthy and refreshing.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of carrot raita below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 10 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Thick curd / buttermilk – 2 cups
- Grated carrot – 1 cup
- Salt – as required
- Chat masala – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli – 2
- Curry leaves – 6
- Asafoetida – pinch
1. Wash, peel the skin and grate the carrot. Take curd / buttermilk in a mixing bowl, add grated carrot to it and mix well.
2. Now prepare tempering. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
3. Once it splutters, add red chilli, curry leaves and Asafoetida. Saute for a minute and remove from flame.
4. Pour the tempering into the carrot curd mixture along with required salt and chat masala. Mix everything well.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves. The simple carrot raita is ready. Serve for pulao or biryani.