Chakka pradhaman is a traditional, delicious payasam of kerala prepared with ripen jackfruit. The traditional method of preparing chakka pradhaman is by cooking the jackfruit with water. The method I have shared here is not a traditional method but the Chakka pradhaman can be prepared quickly. I have added coconut milk prepared with instant coconut milk powder. You can also add the fresh coconut milk extracted from a cup of coconut.
The entire process took me only five minutes. My neighbour gave us half jackfruit which had lots of fruit segments. This is my favourite fruit and I enjoy eating it as such. But people at my home don’t eat jackfruit as such, so I tried this delicious payasam. They really liked it a lot and completed in minutes.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of this easy chakka pradhaman below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes
Total time required : 10 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Jackfruit – 15
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Grated coconut – 3 tbsp (optional)
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Cashews – 6
- Raisins – 10
- Ghee – 2 tsp
1. Remove the seeds from jackfruit and take it in a mixer. Add little water and grind into coarse paste.
2. Jackfruit I used is completely ripen and soft. If your jackfruit is not soft, then pressure cook it before grinding.
3. Heat a pan adding ghee. Add Cashews and raisins, fry until golden. Remove from ghee and keep aside.
4. Add grounded jackfruit to the ghee in the pan. Stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes in low flame.
5. Now add the coconut milk, cardamom powder and sugar to it. Stir well for a minute in completely low flame until it starts boiling. Take care not to curdle the coconut milk boiling for long time.
6. Remove from flame, add grated coconut and roasted Cashews, raisins. Mix well.
7. Transfer to serving bowl and enjoy it.
8. The delicious, quick jackfruit payasam is ready.