Cheese biscuits recipe with step-wise pictures. Eggless cheese biscuits is a soft spicy cookies recipe that is prepared on tawa or griddle with very less oil. This cookies are easy to make without oven. The cheese cookies has flaky layers and remains soft. It is slightly crispy outside and looks more like scones. This can be served as such as evening snack or with mayonnaise.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- karachi biscuits
- milo chocolate cookies
- wheat shakarpara
- ragi biscuits without oven
- custard powder cookies
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 10
- Wheat flour – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Cardamom – 2
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Cheese – 1/4 cup grated
- Milk – 1/3 cup
- Olive oil – as required for pan frying
1. Sift together wheat flour, baking powder and salt to a mixing bowl.
2. Take Cumin seeds and Cardamom in a mixer and powder it together. Add it to the flour mixture in bowl along with sugar and pepper powder.
3. Mix everything well with a spoon. Add cold butter and mix with flour using hands making it crumbly.
4. Grate cheese, add to the flour mixture and mix well. Now add the milk little by little and bring the mixture together kneading slightly. Make smooth dough but do not over-knead.
5. Cover and keep the dough aside for 10 minutes. Dust some flour on surface and roll the dough flat using rolling pin for about 1/2 inch thickness.
6. Cut into small circles with cookie cutter. Repeat for all the dough. Heat a tawa with few tsp of olive oil, arrange the biscuits and cook in completely low flame.
7. Flip to the other side and cook until it turns evenly golden on all sides. Remove from oil and place it on kitchen tissues.
8. Fry remaining biscuits in low flame adding few tsp of oil before placing the biscuits.
9. The delicious cheese biscuits ready. Store in airtight container once cooled. It tastes too good the next day.