Sapota is such a healthy seasonal fruit which is good in calories. The sapota cooked with ghee, sugar and milk adds to the calories. This is good weight gain recipe for kids. The halwa is delicious, rich with the unique malty taste of chikoo. This is definitely one of tastiest halwa I have prepared and just melts in mouth. The halwa finished in no time and I had more than half a cup myself. My mom couldn’t identify and was surprised when I told her it is made of chikoo.
Total time required : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Chikoo / Sapota – 6
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Cashews – 10
- Cardamom – 2
1. Wash the sapota, remove the skin and seeds. Take the sapota segments in a bowl and mash it well.
2. Heat a pan with a tbsp of ghee, add Cashews to the ghee and fry until it changes golden. Remove from ghee and keep aside.
3. Add the mashed Sapota to the ghee in pan and cook for a minute.
4. Pour milk to the pan and mix well. Cook in medium flme stirring occasionally until it becomes thick.
5. Don’t worry if the milk curdles. It has to combine with the Sapota and become thick.
6. Add sugar and cook stirring well. The halwa will lossen again as sugar melts.
7. Pour the remaining ghee and cook until everything comes together oozing out ghee on sides.
8. Garnish with fried Cashews and serve it warm. I have added some coconut flakes on top.
Enjoy this delicious halwa for any occasion.