Baking cakes has become my new interest and I have been looking for a simple cake recipes. I got this recipe and tried it immediately. Believe me it turned out to be super moist, soft, light and really spongy. I have added both chocolate chips and peanut butter chips that makes a wonderful taste when had together. Do give a try and your kids will definitely ask for more.
- Maida – 1 and 1 /2 cup
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 2 tsp
- Oil / butter – 1 /2 cup
- Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Sieve maida in a mixing bowl. Add baking powder to it and mix well.
2. In another bowl take yogurt, sugar, oil and essence. Mix everything well until sugar dissolves completely.
3. Now slowly add this to maida and mix to get batter consistency. Add little water if required.
4. Grease the loan pan with oil and dust with little flour. Pour the batter into the pan and add choco chips and peanut butter chips at top.
5. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes in microwave mode. Mine got done at 12 minutes. Insert toothpick to check.
6. Allow it to cool down completely and slice into pieces.
7. Enjoy the yummy sponge cake.