This best chocolate cake with my favorite coffee chocolate ganache is the second cake that I prepared for our anniversary. The cake is super moist, simple and delicious with the combination of coffee and chocolate in one cake. The ganache is rich, creamy, velvety with heavy chocolate and light coffee. It is poured over the cake. You can also use this ganache as glaze to pour over cupcakes and ice cream.
This is my favorite combination and this recipe is my keeper. I have divided the batter to prepare two different cakes so do not compare the quantity mentioned with the pictures. You may also like similar recipes here:
- Chocolate banana sponge cake
- Varagu chocolate cake in cooker
- Whole wheat chocolate cake
- Molten chocolate mug cake
- Banana chocolate pancakes
I have uploaded the video recipe of simple chocolate cake with chocolate coffee ganache below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Baking time : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 1 medium size cake
- Cake flour – 2 cups
- Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Icing Sugar – 2 cups
- Eggs – 3
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 cup
FOR SIMPLE SYRUP:
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Semi sweet chocolate – 5 bars or 1 cup of choco chips
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Instant coffee powder – 1 tsp
- Chocolate grating – for garnishing
FOR THE CAKE:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease the baking pan with oil and dust some flour.
2. In a bowl, sift and combine cake flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Mix well.
3. Add oil, water and one egg to the flour mixture. Whip in low speed for a minute.
4. Add the remaining two eggs and whip in high speed for 5 minutes until combined.
5. Pour the prepared batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C or until the inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
6. Once done, allow it to cool completely.
FOR THE SIMPLE SYRUP:
Take equal amount of sugar and water in a pan and boil until sugar dissolves. Once done, remove from flame and allow it to cool.
1. Use double boiling method to prepare this ganache. Keep the small pan with water on Stove and boil.
2. Place the bowl wider than the bowl on Stove on top. Add chocolates, sugar, butter and instant coffee powder to it.
3. Add little prepared sugar syrup and keep mixing until everything combined and chocolate melts.
4. Allow it to cool. The ganache has to be in easily pouring consistency.
1. Once the cake is cooled, place the cake in plate. Pour little simple sugar syrup all over the cake. This makes the cake moist and juicy.
2. Pour the prepared chocolate coffee ganache all over the cake so that it spreads evenly.
3. Garnish with chocolate gratings on top and add fresh fruits or glazed cherries.
4. The best chocolate cake with chocolate coffee ganache glaze is ready.
5. Refrigerate until serving. Slice, serve and enjoy.