Chocolate idli cake recipe with step-wise pictures. Chocolate idli cake is a quick kids friendly recipe prepared without oven in idli steamer. The idli is soft and moist and taste similar to cake. This is prepared within 15 minutes and can be served as evening snack for kids after school. You can also prepare it as rava chocolate cake adding only Semolina and skipping wheat flour. You can garnish with nuts or tutti fruity or drizzle chocolate sauce or honey.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 12 idlies
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Rava – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Curd – 2 tsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Water – as required to make batter
- Oil – 1 tsp
1. Sift wheat flour to a bowl. Add rava, cocoa powder, cardamom powder, baking powder and sugar to the flour.
2. Mix everything and add curd and milk. Whisk well adding water little by little without forming lumps to make batter.
3. The batter has to be in idli batter consistency. Grease the idli plate with oil and fill each mold with batter.
4. Add water to the bottom of idli steamer and place the idli plates carefully. Close the lid and steam for 5-7 minutes.
5. Check inserting a toothpick at center and once done allow it to cool.
6. Remove from mold and serve drizzling chocolate syrup.
The chocolate idli cake is ready.