Chocolate banana halwa is a absolutely a delicious sweet and tastes more like the panchamirtham offered in temples as prasadham. I was in idea of taking part in a contest in which a sweet has to be submitted with chocolate as a one of the ingredients. When I saw banana in kitchen, I thought of doing a halwa with banana and chocolate syrup. After I prepared and served, my husband told me it tastes like a panchamirtham and we named it chocolate panchamirtham. 🙂 🙂
- Banana – 1
- Dates chopped – 10
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut milk – 4 tblspn
- Chocolate syrup / cocoa powder – 2 tblspn
- Brown sugar – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Chopped nuts – for garnishing
- Grated coconut – for garnishing
- Cook in low flame as they may get burnt quickly. The whole process will take less then 5 minutes.
- You can skip adding milk and add ghee instead.