What would you do if you have some leftover rice? Vadam, vadai, fritters… OK how about a yummy pudding in chocolate flavor. Sounds delicious right?. I wanted to do an easy dessert recipe with leftover rice from night so tried a recipe adding milk, chocolate syrup and milkmaid. It turned out to be creamy, tasty, thick pudding. Again a kids friendly recipe and they would like it so much as like my daughter. People at home enjoyed it well leaving an empty bowl for me. This can be served as dessert for any party at home.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Cooked rice – 1 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Condensed milk – 1/3 cup
- Chocolate syrup / cocoa powder – 4 tbsp
- Desiccated Coconut – 3 tbsp
- Cocoa powder – for dusting on top
- Corn flakes – for garnishing (optional)
1. Boil milk in a pan. Once it comes to boil, simmer the flame and add cooked rice to it.
2. Let it cook in medium flame for a minute, add chocolate syrup and stir well.
3. Add coconut and condensed milk to it. Stir well and cook until it becomes little thick.
4. Allow it to cool, transfer to the serving bowl. Dust cocoa powder on top and add crushed corn flakes.
5. Serve and enjoy this rice pudding.
6. You can also refrigerate and serve chilled.
- You can also add fresh grated coconut.
- This remains good for a day when refrigerated.
- This pudding tastes too good when served chill.