Chocolate tea is a refreshing, delicious, aromatic and flavorful drink recipe. It is simple, easy to make and perfect for warmer climate. Coffee and chocolate usually makes a perfect combination. But chocolate with tea is a rare combo but goes very well together.
I had chocolate tea in Ooty during my industrial visit. I liked it so much and got a pack of chocolate tea powder. I prepare and enjoy it often. Once the tea powder got over, I tried to get from Ooty but couldn’t visit. This recipe is simple to make and gives exact taste of the chocolate tea that I had in Ooty.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of chocolate tea recipe below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 10 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Milk – 2 cups
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Tea powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 4 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- Cloves – 2
- Cardamom – 1
1. Boil water and milk in a pan. Once it comes to boil, reduce the flame and add tea powder and sugar.
2. Then add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and cocoa powder to it. Do not add more cocoa powder as it will turn the tea bitter.
3. Whisk well and boil for 2-3 minutes in medium flame until it turns frothy.
4. Remove from flame and strain to the cup using metal strainer.
5. Chocolate tea is ready.
6. Serve with tea biscuits and enjoy.