Raita is a yogurt based side dish that is served for rice. This raita prepared with coconut and mint goes well for biryani, pulao or roti. It is mildly spiced with the flavors of mint leaves. It is refreshing and delicious. This raita also goes as best accompaniment for fried snacks.
- Curd – 1 cup
- Coconut – 4 tbsp
- Mint leaves – 4 tbsp chopped
- Green chilli – 1
- Salt – as required
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
1. Wash mint leaves and add it to blender. Add coconut and green chilli to it and blend into thick chutney adding little water.
2. Take curd in a wide bowl, add the mint chutney to it.
3. Now add cumin powder and salt. Stir everything together using a spoon.
4. Garnish with chilli powder and coriander leaves.
5. Serve immediately for biryani.