Coconut chutney recipe with step-wise pictures. Coconut chutney is a south Indian side dish for dosa, idli and venpongal. This is very simple and easy to make within two minutes. Though I make it often never thought of posting it. I usually don’t have fresh coconut at home so make it with dry coconut whenever needed. The taste of chutney with both the fresh and dry coconut is same.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- puli chutney
- curry leaves chutney
- guava chutney
- vallarai keerai chutney
- carrot chutney
- onion tomato chutney
- karpooravalli chutney
- kadalai paruppu chutney
Total time required : 5 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Desiccated / dry Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Roasted gram – 5 tbsp
- Green chilli – 2
- Salt – as required
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 5
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Oil – 1 tsp
1. Take coconut, roasted gram, green chilli, Coriander seeds and required salt in mixer.
2. Add little water and grind into smooth paste. Transfer into bowl and add required water to adjust the consistency.
3. Check for salt. Heat tempering pan with oil. Add mustard and cumin seeds. Once it splutters, add curry, asafoetida and saute for a minute.
4. Pour the tempering into the chutney and mix with a spoon.
5. Serve the chutney for idli or dosa.