Coconut jaggery burfi recipe with step-wise pictures. Coconut jaggery burfi is a festival sweet prepared with only three ingredients. Thengai burfi is my favorite but I like jaggery coconut burfi more than the burfi with sugar. We use to eat this burfi in school getting it in our school canteen. This is my first try in making thengai burfi with jaggery and it came out so well. Try this delicious traditional sweet with a healthy alternative for this festival.
You may also like similar recipes here:
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 5
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Jaggery crumbled – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp for greasing plate
1. Add ghee, grease a plate and keep aside.Take coconut and jaggery in a pan and cook in medium flame stirring with ladle.
2. Add Cardamom powder and mix. Keep stirring continously into the mixture starts coming together leaving sides of the pan.
3. Remove from flame and add the coconut mixture to a greased plate. Spread and level the surface.
4. Allow to cool a bit. Cut into squares when it is warm. It becomes slightly firm when cooled.
5. Decorate with nuts if needed and serve.
Store it in airtight container once cooled.