Coconut microwave cake with step-wise pictures. Coconut microwave cake is a complete coconut treat. This cake has Coconut used in all forms like desiccated coconut, coconut oil, coconut sugar and coconut milk. The texture is moist and pretty much melts in mouth. They are so quick and easy. Nothing can beat the happiness of enjoying a warm cake in less than 2 minutes. You can also use coconut flour and I have added wheat flour.
Preparation time : 2 minutes
No. of serving : 1
- Wheat flour – 1/3 cup
- Desiccated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Coconut sugar – 2 and 1/2 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Curd – 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 2 tsp
- Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
1. Sift together wheat flour and baking powder in a wide bowl.
2. Add desiccated coconut, coconut oil, curd, vanilla essence, cardamom powder and sugar to the flour and mix.
3. Pour coconut milk little by little and keep mixing to get a thick batter in flowing consistency.
4. Grease a microwave safe cup with little oil and pour the batter into it until it reaches 3/4th of cup.
5. Microwave for approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove and check if it’s done by inserting a toothpick at center. Keep for another 30 seconds if needed.
6. Let it cool a bit, add some coconut on top and serve.
You can also use whipped cream on top and garnish with coconut flakes.
- The quantity differs with size of mug.
- I felt the sweetness is little low for me while eating. You can add a tbsp of sugar if wanted the cake to be sweet.