Coconut poorna kozhukattai recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Coconut poorna Kozhukattai is a vinayagar chaturthi special recipe prepared with sweet coconut jaggery stuffing. This is my favorite kozhukattai stuffing and it is simple to make. You can also make this stuffing and fill inside modagam shaped dough. For me, vinayagar chaturthi is not complete without this coconut kozhukattai as everyone at home likes this very much.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of coconut sweet Kozhukattai below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 10-12 kozhukattai
- Rice flour – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Grated jaggery – 1/4 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
FOR MAKING STUFFING:
1. Heat a pan and add jaggery and water to it. Stir until jaggery is dissolved. Strain the jaggery syrup to remove impurities. I didn’t do as the jaggery was clean.
2. Add coconut and cardamom powder to it. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is combined and becomes thick.
3. Allow it to cool and keep aside.
FOR MAKING DOUGH:
4. Take a pan and add water, salt and a tsp of oil to it. Bring it to boil.
5. As it starts boiling, reduce the flame and add rice flour to it. Keep mixing without lumps.
6. Once it comes together as dough, switch off the flame and allow it to cool a bit.
7. Add a tsp of oil to the dough once it is hot enough to touch and knead into smooth, non sticky dough.
8. Divide the dough into small equal sized balls. Grease the hands, take one ball and flatten it slightly.
9. Press at center and keep pressing on all sides making it into cup shape. Place a tsp of stuffing at center, bring all sides and seal together.
10. You can also make it using kozhukattai mould. Repeat for remaining dough and stuffing.
11. Arrange the prepared kozhukattai in idli plate or steamer and steam cook for 10 minutes.
12. Once done, remove from steamer and allow it cool.
13. The delicious thengai poora kozhukattai is ready.