I have tried a new recipe with ragi and cucumber. Both the ingredients are very good in aiding weight loss. Cucumber which contains 95% of water has high fibers and cooling to our body. I had cucumber at home lying for a week, so I thought of preparing a healthy recipe with it. Initially I thought of making raita then this idea flashed in mind. Immediately tried it and we really liked it so much. It is very tasty and healthy too. I have added combination of flours to give little crispness. If you have cucumber then you should definitely try this recipe and enjoy at home.
Total time required: 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 5
- Cucumber – 1
- Ragi flour – 1 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – for shallow frying
1. Wash, peel the skin, cut into halves and remove the seeds in middle. Grate the cucumber and lots of water will come.
2. Take the grated cucumber in a mixing bowl, add ragi flour, wheat flour, rice flour, cardamom powder and sugar to it.
3. Add little water and mix everything into smooth batter.
4. Heat appe pan with ghee in all holes. Pour the batter into each hole and cover with a lid. Cook for 2-3 minutes in medium flame.
5. Once cooked, gently flip to the other side using a spoon and cook for few minutes.
6. Repeat the process for remaining batter and add ghee to the holes each time before pouring the batter.
7. Serve hot and enjoy this healthy ragi paniyaram.