Curd oats is an easy and quick recipe that can be prepared in minutes for breakfast or lunch. Curd rice is my favorite and eating it with a spoon of pickle is like heaven. Curd rice style oats is equally tasty and healthy. This can be given to babies from 9 months of age as breakfast. You can make this when you are sick or lazy to prepare breakfast. This is low calorie food so can be considered as weight-loss recipe. You can add ginger and mixed fruits to it.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Oats uthappam
- Apple oats pancake
- Gulkand oats shake
- Chocolate banana overnight oats
- Whole wheat oats brownies
- Oats nutella cookies
- Oats sweet appam
I have uploaded the video recipe of curd oats below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 10 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Instant oats – 6 tbsp
- Curd – 1/3 cup
- Salt – as required
- Hot water – 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli – 3
- Raisins – 1 tsp
- Fresh fruits – as required (optional)
1. Take oats in a wide bowl, add hot water to it and keep aside for 2-3 minutes. In other way, you can also cook oats in water for a minute.
2. Once the oats turns soft, allow it to cool completely. Add beaten curd and salt to the oats and mix well.
3. Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilli and asafoetida.
4. Once splutters, remove the tempering from flame and add to the curd oats.
5. Add raisins and fruits (I didn’t add fruits) to it and mix everything with a spoon.
6. Curd oats is ready. Enjoy this as breakfast or lunch.