Tiramisu recipe with step-wise pictures. Tiramisu is a very famous Italian dessert that is prepared with layers of lady finger biscuits and mascarpone cheese creamy layers. This is very famous in blogging world and I have seen that in many sites. The recipe is usually prepared with eggs or with mascarpone cheese. I wanted to do this recipe without both the ingredients and tried with custard powder. Few days back I got the lady finger biscuits in a shop near our house and the pack got more than 40 biscuits. But the day I thought of doing tiramisu, I could find only 15 biscuits in the pack as we had it as such and shravanthi liked it so much. I have made only one layer with lady finger and custard. The tiramisu usually has many layers. If you don’t have lady finger biscuits then the same can be prepared with sponge cake. Mascarpone cheese and lady finger can be prepared easily at home but I haven’t tried and in idea of doing it in traditional method soon. Try this easy, quick tiramisu when you want to prepare a delicious dessert for a unplanned party.
- Lady finger biscuits – 30
FOR CREAMY LAYER:
- Custard powder – 3 tsp
- Milk – 3 cups
- Sugar – 5 tblspn
- Whipping cream – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
FOR SOAKING SYRUP:
- Instant coffee powder – 2 tsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Cocoa powder – 2 tblspn
1. Boil milk in a pan adding sugar. Meanwhile take custard powder in a bowl, add little water and dissolve it without lumps.
2. Once milk starts to boil, pour dissolved custard slowly whisking continuously. Stir well in low flame until it becomes thick.
3. Let it cool a bit. I have used brown sugar so added finally after removing from flame.
4. Take whipping cream or thick cream in a wide bowl and whip it well until it becomes thick using hand mixer or electric mixer.
5. Then add custard mixture and vanilla essence to the cream and whip it again for few minutes. This is the cream filling.
6. Keep it in freezer for few minutes until use. Meanwhile prepare coffee decoction by boiling water and adding instant coffee powder to it.
7. Now for assembling the tiramisu, take a bowl and cover with cling wrap for easy handling.
8. Place the lady finger one by one and completely cover the bottom. Pour the coffee decoction and let the biscuits get soaked.
9. Now spread the cream filling at top and cover the layer of biscuits. Repeat the process to make few layers of biscuits and creamy filling.
10. Refrigerate until the custard is set or overnight. Once set, remove the wrap and place the tiramisu on plate.
11. Sift cocoa powder or grated chocolate on top. Cut into squares and serve.
12. Enjoy the chilled creamy tiramisu.